Sunday, May 18, 2008

The good old days

I know I haven't posted in a month and now I show up with Garth Brooks. But there is a purpose and a method to the madness. Not really, just madness. I haven't posted, as I pointed out to Wendy when she called and told me I haven't posted, because I really haven't had anything to say.

Now,as I was watching the ACM Awards (Academy of Country Music) tonight (still am actually) and had to think about "back in the day". What made me think of this you ask? Well George Strait is 56 years old and Garth Brooks is really gray.

Back in the day, Wendy and I lived together. She worked at the county bar where we hung out and I was a cop working 3-11. On the weekends I'd get off work and join her at the beertub. Adorable, drunken cowboys would come for beer, handing her money and pointing to the beer. Very few words were spoken. There was dancing and drinking and adorable, drunken cowboys telling me I looked 19. Garth Brooks was in his prime and he inspired a lot of the dancing, much of the drinking and a whole line of clothing.

Now he's gray. Those good old days are gone. I'd never want to go back to high school ,but I'd definitely go back to then.




3 comments:

Wendy said...

Amen Sister,
I think of those days often. I to would not want to relive the HS days and since I didn't go to College, those drunkin adorable cowboy days seem to be the ones I long for. GOOD TIMES!

Wendy said...

Oh,
I will change my blog back I just like to change the color of my blog from time to time. I wish I could do that to my living room walls. Change them according to the mood I am in, but to much time and money

Mimi Lenox said...

You've been tagged by Mimi Queen of Memes
BlogBlast For Peace ~Join The Revolution