Thursday, October 05, 2006

Harry Potter is of the devil....

Imagine my lack of surprise when I read in the paper a couple days ago this little ditty....

Georgia mom seeks ban on Harry Potter
Mother of four claims the teen wizard is 'evil', promotes witchcraft


Well maybe you can't imagine anything I might do or think because;
a) You don't know me
b) I don't think I have any readers yet

But I digress....So here is this mother with WAY too much time on her hands who wants to BAN Harry Potter from her community. Why? Well because,

the popular fiction series is an "evil" attempt to indoctrinate children in the Wicca religion.

That's right boys and girls, its a big plot by the Wiccans to take over the souls of young readers. Seriously, are you fucking kidding me? The only reason I give this nonsense any time is because I went to Southernen Baptist school 2-12. I lived through many the book/music/movie banning. Most of the time it only made me want to read/listen /see it more. Luckily my parents didn't buy it.

It was so bad that one of the parents told my mother once that they actually thought that I shouldn't go into law enforcement because I might have to be a prostitute one day. Hey guess what, its an act, I don't really have to have sex with someone to make and arrest. In fact, if the prostitute does have sex with you, safe bet she's not a cop!

My advice, if you don't like it don't read/listen/look.

No comments: