Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Open letter to the guy I cut off on the interstate today

Dear Guy,

First I would like to apologize for cutting you off this morning. I realize that it was my fault and take full responsibility for my action...Well not full responsibility, in my defense your car was small and the color of concrete, so that even though I looked and signaled, I could not see you.

The main point here is that once I realized my error, I immediately attempted to apologize by raising my hand to you. I know that this can look like a "thank you" sign which would have been clearly inappropriate. I made a second attempt to say "I'm sorry" when you passed me. At 75mph, and at great risk to my life, I looked at you and and said "I'm Sorry". Now because we were doing 75mph and you were clearly enraged ( as evidenced by the very hostile look in your eye), you may not have processed this apology. That being said I feel it was very rude of you to roll down your window and give me the finger as you exited the freeway.

I really felt bad about cutting you off, more than I probably should have. I mean it's not like I killed you or ran over your puppy or anything. It was an honest mistake. I attempted to apology and your response was rude and inappropriate. Since you decided to be a complete asshat, my hope for you is that you are rear ended in your small ugly car by a drunk wit no driver's license, insurance and no visible means of income.

Yours truly,
SB

4 comments:

Ryan said...

"Asshat" is a totally underused term. Thank you for reminding me that I need to put that back into circulation at work.

In Canada, all vehicles have 'day time' running lights. It's one of the best things in the world for those of us that have concrete looking vehicles.

Excellent letter.

SonjaB said...

Ryan said...
"Asshat" is a totally underused term. Thank you for reminding me that I need to put that back into circulation at work.

In Canada, all vehicles have 'day time' running lights. It's one of the best things in the world for those of us that have concrete looking vehicles.

Excellent letter.

I actually had to ask my hubby if asshat was one or two words, and he had never heard the word. I think its my current favorite

Miss Awesome said...

I accept your apology.

Anonymous said...

You write very well.