Monday, February 04, 2008

Another Mom segment

Here's a three part segment of.....


Things That Piss My Mother Off


1. Performers that can’t, or won’t, sing our National Anthem properly.

Sparks didn’t do a half bad job at the Super Bowl but it still wasn’t good. She started out pretty good but was a disappointment in the end.
The Star Spangled Banner is our National Anthem. It belongs to all Americans and is not a song that one should “take” and “make it your own”.
So stop all the warbling and sing it the way it was written, and with reverence and respect.
Did you ever hear “Oh Canada” or “God Save The Queen” stylized?

My Comments: I think Jordan Sparks did a very good and respectable job last night. It could have been like Rosanne Barr.

2. What’s up with old rockers for Half-Time entertainment. First the Rolling Stones and now Tom Petty? It’s football folks! What ever happened to marching bands, baton twirlers and pretty cheerleaders.

This year's half time show was one of the best yet. It didn't look like it was produced by MTV or BET. I loved the stripped down, band singing. For the record I don't ever remember a marching band in pro football. That's high school and college mom


3. Regarding commercials – Violence is not funny !! Horses are.

Yes the Budweiser horses commercials were good. I always love those, but when that mouse busted out of the wall and beat that guy up in the Doritos commercial, I laughed by butt off. Yes violence can sometime be very funny

2 comments:

Dave said...

I kept trying to figure out if Petty was lip-synching. I didn't succeed.

SonjaB said...

I don't care if he was or not. At least there wasn't bling and hip hop and costume malfunctions.