Saturday, August 16, 2008

Crazy people do not like change

I called my neighborhood pharmacy on Thursday to get a refill on my prescriptions. On the phone I received a message say "Welcome to CVS pharmacy, formally Bayside Drugs....blah, blah, blah"

Ummm WTF? Not really believing what I was hearing, I drove to my neighborhood pharmacy (as the pharmacist said, "some people need to be hit with a brick") to find my pharmacist & his wife and a bunch of CVS executives cleaning out the store.

According to Sue (the wife), its become too stressful to continue to run the business. Gary (the pharmacist) will continue to work for CVS, as will his staff (two pharmacists and a couple delivery drivers). I'm glad it was their decision and that they weren't run out of business due to the economy. They have been there for over 35 years.

Here's where it becomes all about me. I don't like change. The people at CVS were very nice, but I like being billed monthly, not paying for my prescriptions at the time of pick up. I like that my pharmacist knows my name and my family and that I can order my prescription refills by name, (like "i need my birth control, and my allergy spary, etc") since I never have the Rx number available. As much as CVS tries, it will not be the same.

It's a special kind of crazy and I don't like change.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Amen sister! I to, do not like change! what is is so good about change! I am afriad the days of personal service are gone!

Another example of unwanted change is when the blogger.com people come in and redesign your design screen, in which you never really understood anyway. Why! Why! must we always try to improve on things. cant we all just be happy with being stationary, complacent, still, non-progressive. Can't we all just slow down in this country,!&^%%$%^#@!@ let the rest of the third world countries catch up!#%*&(@!#@#$!@!!!!)&%^*^

Geeez Louise!
##$&*@@$#$@!@$$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*&^%&^&**
Uhmm, and this folks is why Sonja(crazy person) and I (crazy person) seemed to get along so well during the 7ish years we lived together.

SonjaB said...

"Why! Why! must we always try to improve on things. cant we all just be happy with being stationary, complacent, still, non-progressive. Can't we all just slow down in this country,!&^%%$%^#@!@ let the rest of the third world countries catch up!#%*&(@!#@#$!@!!!!)&%^"

Ummmmm, are you making fun of me? And for the record you handle change much better than I, hence you do better with multiple jobs and I don't.

Wendy said...

NO! totally not making fun of you! Just for the record, I cleaned my son room today and moved a few things around, moved his bed two feet to the right. As I tucked him into bed tonight he was very upset, he said everything was different, his bed was different, he could not see the same posters on his wall, why do things have to change, he asked! Why cant things stay the same!

apparently it is some what genetic!