Saturday, October 18, 2008

I got a job

We had just about given up hope, but I finally got a full-time job. I start Monday.

The job is a research assistant with Operation PAR. PAR is a local drug/alcohol rehab. I will be assigned a federal research grant to gather data for study. I'll be working "in the field", which means my office will be in the jail. I do intake interview and then 6 & 12 month follow-ups. The rehab program is 3 months.

The pay is not what I wanted, but at this point beggars (literally) can't be choosers. Plus there are a lot of great opportunities for advancement after 12 months. In fact they don't want you to be a RA for more than a year, and help facility and train you to move on to other things within the agency. Maybe I can actually put this Counseling Doctorate to use. I will also get some opportunities to teach.

All in all I think it will be good. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Dave said...

Luck, again.

Wendy said...

Yeah, Congrats, Yeah God has put you were you are suppose to be. I am sure your research will be very interesting! Pay in no big deal you will, gain great exp, a great reputation, and great contacts. I feel a book coming on.........! Good luck and lots of hugs and well wishes.