Wednesday, January 09, 2008

New Revelations

It has come to my attention the my former supervisor has found and read my blog. Apparently he was overheard expressing to someone how I hurt his feelings with my comments. Let's discuss that.

I guess we're even, because he hurt my feelings when he stabbed me in the back and lied to my face about it.

In May 2005 I was told that I had to make a decision between being faculty or a program coordinator. There are advantages and disadvantages to both. If I had stayed faculty, I would have maintained my tenured contract and would still have a job. Plus the raises are better as faculty. The disadvantage would be that I would have had to move to another division and work for a man that I don't consider ethical. As a program coordinator on a yearly contract I opened myself up to losing my job, but I got to continue to do a job the I really loved.

I chose the job I loved instead of the easy money. When I made my decision I went to my supervisor and told him that I was choosing to stay with him but that I understood that I was opening myself up to have my contract not renewed. I explained my apprehension and asked him if he was going to back me up should others try to get rid of me. He assured me that he would have my back.

Little did I know that he would be the 'other'. A year later when I heard I might be losing my contract I asked him about it and, well you can read how that went. Again on the day I was told officially that I lost my contract, I asked him if he knew why, he essentially said that he really didn't.

The problem is that he did, he wrote the document recommending that my contract not be renewed. In said document, it was listed that I violated several State rules, which I didn't. I was also called combative and untrustworthy.

The bottom line is that I have known this man since before I worked there and considered him a friend. He was the only 'boss' at the office who was invited to my wedding because I considered him my friend. When he said he'd have my back I trusted him and when he said he didn't really know why my contract was not being renewed I believed him. In the end I was wrong for trusting and believing.

So that part of me that never wants to hurt anybody is sorry his feelings were hurt, and to that end I went back and modified my earlier posts. I took out the hurtful comments, mostly the name calling. But, I don't apologize for the content or the intent of anything. I didn't lie or tell half-truths, I didn't name names or identify the workplace. I have the right to say what I did.

2 comments:

Dave said...

Surfing at work? Couldn't he get fired for that?

SonjaB said...

Probably not. I also don't know if he found it at work or on his own time.